Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Welcome!

Welcome to my new blog where it's always a Paper Party around here.

If you would have told me as a teenager that I was going to be a crafty mama, I would have laughed. I was never into crafts as a teenager but 14 years ago, I accidentally discovered stamping and then scrapbooking and I've been crafting ever since. For years, I was creating the traditional 12x12 pages but about 5 years ago, We R Memory Keepers came out with their divided page protectors at the same time that I had my first child. I started using that system and love it. For the last 2 years (plus an attempt in 2010), I started using Becky Higgins Project Life system to document more of the little things that happen in our life. I still embellish but with 2 kids and a part-time job, this works great for me and helps me get my memories in albums. I definitely plan on sharing those pages here, starting next week. As far as cardmaking, I don't stamp much anymore but I do like to use my scrapbooking supplies for them so I will be sharing those ideas as well.

I am also one of those moms that goes overboard with my kids birthday parties. I think birthdays should be celebrated all week and really make the person feel special, no matter what age they are. My littlest daughter was completely obsessed with the Lorax last year so that was the theme of her party. I found lots of ideas on the internet and Pinterest - who doesn't love Pinterest.
The banner and food labels were a free printable from Whimsically Detailed and I made the faces for favor bags with my Silhouette Cameo.

These were cupcake toppers that also made great photo props. I got a picture of everyone wearing them, even my baby niece. I also used the Cameo to cut the same mustache and slid them onto bendable straws so when people took a drink, they had a mustache.

I made that backdrop with a sheet from Goodwill plus felt that I hand cut and hot glued to the sheet. For the tree bark, I just added grey painted stripes. I wanted a nice backdrop for photos.


Thanks for stopping by! I love to read comments and will answer any questions you have. Like everyone else, I'm a busy mama but I'm hoping to blog at least a couple of times a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...