Monday, June 10, 2013

It's a...Spray Paint Party

My hubby has had this ugly hand-me-down secretary desk for years, including in college, so it has been beaten up. One of the drawer pulls was broken, it had several scratches plus I hated the color. However, it was functional and since I haven't found the right piece of furniture (in my hubby's budget), it will have to do. I've been wanting to spray paint it for months but finally got around to it this past weekend.


A little of this (at Walmart)


and some new drawer pulls and this is what we have.


Holy Wow! Why didn't I do this sooner??

It looks SO much better and the paint even hides most of the scratches that my hubby wasn't able to sand out.

I got a little spray paint happy this weekend and also painted this little antique desk (with a water stain on it) that I bought cheap many years ago as well as a little clock in our bathroom that was very ugly (it was a gift) but again, functional. Actually, the clock was the first thing I painted...a guinea pig, if you will.



What do you think? Have you ever given new life to old furniture?


2 comments:

  1. These look FABulous!! This is just the incentive I need to take care of some of my own hideous furniture!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it Carla! You will love it and it really doesn't take too long. Every time my husband or I walk by these, we stop to admire them. :-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...