Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Project Life | May 20-26

This week's Project Life page came together a little quicker, even though it was in bits and pieces of time that I managed to squeeze in throughout the week. Whatever helps you get it done, right?!

Now I have a lot of kits - Seafoam, Jade, Blush, Honey, Studio Calico monthly kits (I usually pool all these together) and other random cards from printables and MAMBI collections, etc. When I sit down to do a week, I like to pick one collection and go with it. So while I have a lot of product, limiting myself to one collection limits my choices so that makes things easier.

I've shown you how I decide what to print and the size so once I have my photos printed, I look to see if I have a common color throughout. I have two little girls so pink is usually a common color. <wink> But you never know, sometimes my photos are darker, sometimes there is a lot of green if we were at the park...you get the idea. Anyway, I like to have my 2 page spread coordinated so I pick 1-2 colors that are found in the photos and use that as my starting point for choosing the collection to use.  Now for the week of May 27 that I am working on right now, there is a hodge podge of colors so I went neutral and used the Midnight collection so I can add color in with embellishments. I'll post that next week.

At the beginning of this year, I had planned on using a different collection every month because I liked the idea of having a whole month coordinated. That didn't last because as you read in the paragraph above, I have a lot of kits and every time a new one would come out, I would want to use it right away. I still like the idea of using one collection each month so maybe I will do that next year.

Now on to the week of May 20. Enjoy and let me know in the comments if you have any questions.





I am linking up with The Mom Creative.

I am also participating in the Phone Photography Project, which is a great class to help people improve their smartphone (iphone or Android) photography. I know I use my phone more than ever now to take photos because I always have it with me.
In this month-long workshop, you'll learn to take better photos with the camera you always have with you as you document your summer adventures—with help from 32 incredible instructors. On top of daily smartphone photography challenges, you'll also enjoy:
  • dozens of tips and tricks from the pros for taking better photos with your mobile-phone camera
  • 60+ photography app reviews for iPhone and Android, so you know which are worth your time and money*
  • dozens of project ideas for getting photos off your device and into your world
  • interaction with 32 experienced iPhoneographers and Androidographers, and hundreds of fellow students in a private classroom and on Instagram
  • giveaways, contests, discounts, bonus downloads, and fun fun fun!
You should definitely check this class out. 

4 comments:

  1. Love the photo of everyone lying on the driveway. Kids make their own fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pages! I love that you've used a combination of some full photos/pocket and some pockets that have multiple paper, photo, washi tape layers. You have a great eye for mixing and matching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you Brooke. You are very sweet. I love using washi on my pages - I'm completely addicted to it and have WAY too many!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...